Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tell Me

Please, Tell me everything I need to know.
Everything.






























Tell me I'm wrong. I know I'm wrong, but where? I want to know. I know you have things to say. I have things to say. I want to tell you, but will you hear me? Will you know me then?

Tell me everything I need to know. I want to know too, where you're going in life, how are you doing it? I want to know.

Tell me I'm wrong. Somewhere inside of me I have gone wrong, I made the wrong decision. I feel it inside, please telp me. Tell and help me.

I need you. I need you to show up. You're not the answer, but I need someone I can trust. Someone on the outside. Please tell me. Tell me this was worth it. Tell me I didn't hide it in vain, that my fear was worth the wait.

Please tell me, tell me everything I need to know. I want to know your lies, your worries, your truths, your desires, your pains, tell me what you want me for. I'm no good anymore. Not to you, unless I do something about it.

I'm not doing anything about it because I hate where I've come. I used to be this, and I still am I think inside, but it's gone outside. It's gone forever. I'm not looking back but everything I know is there. Tell me you can be there for me. Tell me everything I need to know.

Tell me.
Tell me.
Please tell me.

I need to know that you're there too, that you're reading this and telling me what I need to know. You have to tell me everything I need to know. I need to know everything.

Please tell me so it won't be forgotten. Please tell me so that I have something to talk about, so I have something to preserve and savor. Please tell me and I will cherish that inside of me, that part of you, I will never forget, but I'll carry it around with me, even if I don't carry around a purse. You'll be a part of me. So don't hold back and tell me.

Please, I need to know. If you're okay, I know, no one is okay, but we have to try so that life isn't anything below a dull slate, a charter to navigate anywhere but here, not my memory, not anything that I can take myself back to and like dolls we'll be.

Please, I have time. All the time you need, every minute, every second, I can devote to you. I have that time, you have it to tell me to sit here and listen. I will listen, closely, but tell me.

I will be there, you have done so much to love me, so I will be there to listen. Don't be scared. I have time to offer you, but I won't be here forever. It'll pass, too, my time will fade and you will miss me, we'll miss each other, we'll pass right by each other like strangers, and we'll never see each other ever again. You're missing it. You really are.

It's now or too late, It's too late. It's getting late, you should go. I don't want you to tell me anymore. It's too late, and I'm gone. I'm here, but I don't care anymore. I'll let you go as easily as releasing a boat from the dock, set you to sea, and never care again or anymore for the loss was nothing, the loss was never there. The loss was nothing.

It's time to go. It's time to turn around, and turn around, and turn around, and keep turning. You'll never head in a straight direction, you're always swerving off track, like a drunk driver. How could you miss the signs? How did you miss it. How could you?

It's time to go. Your chance is gone, but maybe I have a second one to pull out of my heart to give you. I'll give you a second chance. Try again, maybe I'll let you speak then, again. I'll let you talk, but it'll be quick. Don't apologize. Just talk and see if my compassion goes with it. Can you make me fly with you? I'm sure I have wings. I'll just fly with you if you let me, but we'll see. I'll see if it's okay, if it's safe. It better be safe. It'll be exciting won't it, exhilarating to fly above the landscape and see tiny houses below, with sienna colored roof tops and beaches with neon colored water that fade in and out with white foams that look like shaving cream when you'll shave your mustache in front of my bathroom mirror. You'll make toothbrush marks on my mirror, you will I know.

I'll be your maid and I'll pick up your socks. I'll do the laundry for you. No, I'll buy us a car and then we'll have plenty of arguments in the car and I'll roll down my window for some polluted air to clog my lungs, blasted pollution.

The buzz of the radio will be like a rocket and science and mad men singing or popping with their lips and giving a dirty beat to the song, noise music, like bang bang bang, bong.

I'll get a headache and you'll get sick, okay? I'll find the medicine section at the store and extinguish some of the germs in our house, okay? I'll make the spaghetti tonight and you'll clean the stove, okay? How about I wash the dishes tonight, and you'll clean the table. Go on, I'll do it, I'l make it happen. Every night, I'll wrap up the day, and you won't have said a word, not a murmur, but the one hidden in your deep, confused heart. How sad it will sit there, alone, waiting to come to words that my ears can hear.

Speak. Talk. Let me know what you want me to hear. Tell me everything I need to know. This is communication. And I hope I can articulate well, enough to not mess up, enough to get my point across. Tell me and I won't get mad at you. I won't yell or hold inside bitterness because there's no need for that. It's pointless, it's wreck. We'll talk this over dim sum. Have a cup of tea, eat some chicken feet. Come on, you're keeping me waiting. This is what you're doing to me. You'll never know. That's sad.

How can I tell you that I love you, anyways. Anyways, I'll love you. I don't care. I'll love you. Let the sharks swim in the water, I'll be too scared to jump into the water to risk my own life to save you. Would I be that selfish? I don't know. Let's just hope you're smart enough not to go too far out into the ocean, where the deep sea creatures might snatch you and take you away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment