Monday, October 25, 2010

An Early Christmas

Hey folks!

I am supposing that even in the midst of life's struggles, you are hanging in there and doing your best.

This year has an early Christmas for me. I am already thinking about Christmas lights and wonderful gift wraps and the smell of warm-lit candles and seeing smiles and people with Christmas sweaters on, family gathering together to have a feast! This Christmas of 2010 is a highly anticipated one. I am completely skipping over Halloween (not that I ever even 'celebrated' it) and Thanksgiving, for some odd reason. In fact, I am officially far-sighted. Not physically, not prescription-wise, but conceptually, I am far-sighted - foreal.

Although these past few days I have been easing back into the school mindset (coming back from Fall Break), my mind can stretch so far into the future and I can just rest my eyes in contemplating those images and ideas even though sometimes I would rather not. Things like death, if ever I marry, going to China to work with my aunt who is a missionary to reach out to the people, things like my graduation ceremony, using graphic design as an awesome tool for communicating visually and effectively, ideas to the world.

Nevertheless, my Christmas mood is on, and I'm even skipping over the "excitement" of my birthday (turning 19 will be like turning 17 again. I don't know why these two ages as numbers seem to fall flat. 20 will forshur throw me into some kind of frenzy about how I'm getting old, I know it). Christmas, I was singing "Jingle Bell Rock" in the elevator even before Fall Break began. What is that? It's an anticipation for a joyous Christmas and I know I won't be disappointed.

Life is, surprisingly, not too much of an object of despise after all. It's... actually quite marvelous and something worth celebrating. I can already see landmarks in my life just playing themselves out. It's as if God has placed stepping stones in my life. : )

As for school, I suffered a minor dip in grades for my illness and mis-behavior, but I don't regret it. I'm living in such a way where I consider all that I do worth something, learning from my mistakes, and taking the time to figure things out - it's all worth something.

Nevertheless, Thanksgiving break is still upon us. I have about five days off including traveling days. I don't know how I feel about that. Anyways, I have much work to do right now. I'm in a position where I'm working right up to the deadline, not that it's necessarily bad, but it's pressure-some and I hafta stay on top of the pressure, keep my head high if I want to be the best of the best.

For now, cheers to jolly end of the year as 2010 comes to a quick close. Honestly, I can't recount anything of 2001-2009, it's all a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment