Friday, April 9, 2010

The Pearl

Time is not my enemy,
In fact, time is my beauty,
Every sunrise beckons me to unravel yet another layer of myself,
To emerge from under the sut of my deadly mind,
I once heard that our body has a tale to tell,
But every time I gleam in joy, my blemishes fade away,
And time is my healer, my restorer,
With hope that extends to every part of my body,
I am awakened to another glorious day that has its plans for me,
For the sun to uplift my soul, for the shadows to cool me into refreshment,
And for this sweet melody of our very own creation to enchant me,
I am away, blown into the presence of pure beauty and bliss,
Let my spirit always breathe in this way,
Vibrating in harmony with the air,
Under a tree feeling the soft grass bed,
My fears bland in comparison, my anger, bitterness disintegrating until all that is left is a wash of pearly white,
Enveloped in serenity,
I wake and wake and wake and still find myself in nothing but joy,
Peace,
Let this be a place I go to when sometimes darkness casts itself upon me,
May I possess that pearl and never let go.

I love you Dad, I love you Mom, I love you goo, I love you tsa, for all the times we shared together. For the immense joy you guys brought into my life - for the Joy that you Are. Thank you for movie nights with popcorn or beef jerky. Thank you tsa for allowing us to Pledge our counters until we could slide on them. Thank you goo for being my role model, for always keeping your integrity. Thank you disciplining me, for fighting with me when I couldn't see what you saw. Thank you for the most beautiful home ever, with wooden and marble floors that always bring the best out of each season. Thank you for driving me to school when I missed the bus, for spending late nights in the office doing work. Thank you for loving me for all that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment